It’s time for my first shout out! Thanks to my Instagram follower, @bitchpeas614, these scrumptious enchiladas finally have a name. I now introduce to you, Fiesta Enchiladas with Jalapeno Crema!
There were several great entries, but I feel like Fiesta Enchiladas with Jalapeno Crema really encompassed what these babies were.
I rarely go to a Tex-Mex restaurant and order enchiladas. Mainly because I’m not a fan of corn tortillas. But suddenly I was craving creamy, spicy enchiladas.
These enchiladas are filling, yet healthy, and hit that creamy spot you might be missing with a vegan diet. Be sure to subscribe to my blog for more recipes!
Fiesta Enchiladas with Jalapeno Crema
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 8 oz vegan sour cream
- 2 medium sized jalapenos, chopped
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp onion powderr
- 1/8 tsp dill weed
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together black beans, corn, rice, first two cloves of garlic, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/8 cup of cilantro, chipotle chili powder, and salt.
- Lay out 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with about 1-2 tsp of cheese. Lay out 1/4 cup of bean/corn/rice mixture. Top with about 1-2 tsp of cheese. Roll tortilla until closed and place in a 9 x 13 deep baking dish. Repeat for the other 9 tortillas.
- Place all sauce ingredients into a high powered blender. Quickly pulse until all ingredients are well blended, about 15 times.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with extra cheese if desired.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until sauce begins to bubble and edges brown slightly.
- Serve immediately, topped with pico de gallo if desired.