One of the greatest things about being a vegan is the vibrant colors I get to work with. You just can’t get these vibrant colors with anything other than fruits and vegetables. Just look at this beauty!
The vegetables in this recipe can be completely raw, although I did blanch the cabbage and toss the bell peppers in a pan for a couple of minutes to bring out the color a little more.
One of the things I love about various Asian recipes is the flavor. I’m sure I do a sub par job of utilizing the all of the flavors available in the Asian food category, but I have fun none the less! I love to play with a mix of a few staples, like soy sauce, brown sugar, Sriracha, and garlic. These always make a fantastic marinade and sauce for any dish.
Rainbow Vegan Pad Thai
Serves: 2 Cook and Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 6 oz. uncooked pad thai noodels
- 3/4 purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/8 cup peanuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cook Pad Thai noodles according to directions on box.
- Chop cabbage and bell pepper. Mix in corn, edamame, and shredded carrots. Set aside.
- Mix sauce ingredients. Once noodles are finished cooking, drain and rinse with cold water. Put noodles in a bowl and pour sauce over the noodles and toss to mix. Add in vegetables to noodle and sauce mixture. Top with chopped peanuts.
That’s it! An easy, yet flavorful and bright recipe that’s perfect for summer!