We had a fiesta at the Allen house tonight! At least on our plates. Tex-Mex is my absolute favorite type of food, and fajitas and queso are my usual go-to’s for Tex-Mex.
Veggie fajitas are so easy and delicious, especially when paired with some typical fajita toppings like cheese and sour cream (both vegan) and guacamole and pico de gallo.
The jackfruit in this recipe gives that meat texture that veggie fajitas are missing (although I rarely miss that texture because of all of the flavor in the seasoning). This recipe is quick, delicious, and filling!
Veggie and Jackfruit Fajitas
Serves 2 Cook and Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 package of Tex-Mex jackfruit from The Jackfruit Company
- 2 tsp taco seasoning (I use this recipe here for a homemade, chemical free seasoning, but any taco seasoning will do.
- 4 tortillas
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- vegan cheese
- vegan sour cream
- guacamole (you can use my homemade recipe here for some stellar guac)
- pico de gallo
- Slice onions and mince garlic. Heat olive oil in a pan and add onions and garlic. Stir until onions are translucent.
- Slice peppers and add to onion and garlic mixture. Add taco seasoning. Saute until soft.
- Add in jackfruit and stir together. Allow to cook on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- While veggie and jackfruit mixture are cooking on a low heat, add vegan butter to a different pan. Once butter is melted, add in tortillas and toast on each side until the tortilla browns and bubbles up.
- Load toasted tortilla with veggie and jackfruit mixture and toppings such as vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, and lime juice.
If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram and Facebook so I can see your creations!